Purpose and Vision
The Evidence Management Institute is committed to changing the culture of evidence management for all stakeholders in the justice system. Partnerships with vendors in the evidence management industry magnify the impact of individual efforts and have the potential to mutually increase success and impact for each stakeholder in the system. Ultimately, the goal of partnering with EMI is for both parties to grow and establish a deeper market share and presence within the industry. We grow together. Where we go, we take you with us.
Partnerships with the Evidence Management Institute are intended to:
- Advance the evidence management industry through better evidence management
- Best Practices and Standards
- Change the culture of evidence management across the industry
- Create a collaborative environment for all stakeholders to solve problems
- Reach a wider evidence management target audience
Marketing Partnerships with the Evidence Management Institute should provide value and benefit vendor partners through:
- Increased exposure to target audience; evidence managers and evidence custodians
- Increased exposure to law enforcement agencies, and affiliated organizations
- Provide a platform for messaging to target audience
- Providing new sales leads and contacts
- Active participation in the mission of the Evidence Management Institute
The Evidence Management Institute provides six potential partnership channels to our vendor partners. Each of these areas can provide value to the industry and each of the partners in the relationship. Partnership channels include:
- EMPC Training Classes
- The Evidence Show Webinar
- EMI Website
- EMI Mailing Distribution List and e-Campaigns
- EMI Consulting
- Cross Marketing and Co-Branding
Partner Integration Channels
Industry Sponsored EMI Evidence Management Professional Certification Training Classes
A full training target schedule includes:
- Minimum (6) two-day training sessions across the United States.
- Attendance average between 30 and 40 students per class.
- Estimated individual agency representation at 80% attendance.
- Total target individual agency reach: 320-600 agencies
- Industry Sponsored Training Classes Include
- Training, materials and three-year online certification.
- Vetted participant base, limited seats per agency.
- Mini-Conference Networking Atmosphere.
- Industry Sponsored Optional Training Event Segments:
- Lunch and Learn
- Morning Coffee Talk
- Live Product/ Service Demonstrations
- Post-Class Special Event
- Fast Break Talking Spots
The Evidence Show Webinar
The Evidence Show is live webinar recorded monthly for distribution on various online platforms
- The Evidence Show has grown from 0 participants in 2020 to over 900 registrants as of September of 2022.
- Average live attendance is 100 viewing participants.
The EMI website, evidencemanagement.com
- Over 27,000 page views annually
- Over 12,000 new users in last 12 months
EMI Mailing Distribution List and e-Campaigns
Our current registered distribution list
- includes over 30,000 industry contacts
- the distribution list continues to grow each month
- campaigns are typically targeted by region for training classes
- updates, blogs, webinars, podcasts are typically distributed to the full list.
EMI engages law enforcement and corporate e-discovery clients for comprehensive audits, inspections, inventory services and wide variety of custom services to provide solutions for individual client needs. EMI engages industry clients for concept consulting and industry insight and strategy.
Cross Marketing and Co-Branding
- Use of Evidence Management Institute content for partner marketing use.
- Can be tailored to support individual marketing objectives aligned with EMI Standards and
- Best Practices.
- Use of partner marketing channels for EMI.
- Direct use of partner products or materials in training materials and EMI content.
- Content development, blog posts written specifically for partner distribution.
- The Evidence Management Institute is always open to new product development, co-branding and cross promotion of new products and projects that meet the unique needs of evidence managers and custodians.
The Evidence Management Institute actively advocates for better evidence management for all stakeholders, through:
- Specific Target Initiatives
- Funding organization and legal filing for the establishment of new state and regional
- evidence management non-profit organizations.
- Collaboration with stakeholder and industry organizations.
- CAPE (California Association for Property and Evidence) Platinum Level Sponsor
- MAPE (Missouri Association for Property and Evidence) Launch and Consulting
- Speaking and training engagements at conferences.
Partner Integration Areas
Collaboration on Content
The Evidence Management Institute generates, produces, a distributes content specific to evidence management through blog and newsletter post in both narrative and video formats. EMI works with our marketing partners as subject matter experts to leverage expertise and keep our target audience informed about new solutions, products or issue important to evidence management.
EMI Website Advertisement
Links to partner websites and partner page hosting are potential integration areas, depending on participation level.
EMPC Training Integration
There are multiple layers of potential integration through our two-day training classes, including:
- integration into of partner products and marketing materials into curriculum, participant guides and training decks
- distribution of partner marketing materials to in-class participants
- integrated promotional videos into presentations
- provide partners with registered participant contact information
- no physical attendance representation is required for training class integrations, but partners are welcome to attend and engage directly with participants
- training class lunch and learn hosting
- hosting or sponsorship of breakfast or coffee
- happy hour or after-hours event sponsorship
- sponsorship of class drawings
- sponsorship of scholarships to EMPC training classes
- vendor funded training classes to provide low or no-cost evidence management training to law enforcement agencies.
Preferred Solution Provider Network
Recommendation of specific products and services that meet the needs of evidence managers, through our marketing, training and consulting. EMI would connect and advise consulting clients to partner resources and solutions.
Industry SME Advisory Relationships
Participation on EMI advisory board as an industry SME to help us with our curriculum, standards and best practices. EMI leverages these relationships to ensure that our curriculum remains relevant and current and exposes our audience to new or emerging issues, products and services. This also serves address and respond to specific problems and build standards and practices based on a wider base of industrial knowledge.
Industry Consulting Relationship
EMI provides consulting services to vendors in the law enforcement space to help them understand the evidence management needs of their target client base. Full partner integrations include consultation with partners as a component of the partner relationship.
Partner Integration Levels
Integrating with the Evidence Management Institute can be as simple and limited as collaborating on a blog post or article, or a deep fully integrated partnership across the entire scope of our operations. Partnerships are designed to meet the mutual needs of both parties, and these needs vary from organization to organization. As such, partnership agreements are individually constructed with a defined scope of expectations and obligations from both partners. Regardless of scope, successful partnerships with the Evidence Management Institute are predicated on a deep level of commitment to the objectives and mission of the Evidence Management Institute.
Full Training Sponsorship Partners
Full partners of the Evidence Management Institute underwrite the operational costs associated with executing the growth and development of the organization. To reflect the level of commitment by a full partner, EMI commits to exclusivity within the market sector of the partner. Regardless of partnership arrangements, EMI retains autonomy and independence and communicates transparently with its target audience. Full partners are entitled to all channels and integration areas by percentage between full partners. There will be a cap on the number of potential EMI Full Partners at five total full partnerships.
Full Training Sponsor Partnership Market Spaces
- Evidence Training and Consulting. The Evidence Management Institute
- Evidence Management Software. Tracker Products
- Evidence Packaging and Forensic Supply. (Open)
- Evidence Storage and Organization (Open)
- Evidence Disposal and Destruction (Open)
Associate Training Sponsor Partnership Market Spaces
If market space is not occupied by a full training sponsorship partner, the following market spaces are open to associate sponsorship:
- Evidence Packaging
- Forensic Supplies
- Storage and Organization Equipment
- Evidence Lockers
- Key Control and Physical Security
- Disposition (Auctions)
- Disposition (Gun Destruction)
- Disposition (Narcotics)
Marketing partners of the Evidence Management Institute can engage with the mission of EMI in a variety of ways across our communication channels and integration areas. EMI reserves the right to engage marketing partners within each market sector unless covered by an exclusivity agreement under a full partnership. Marketing partners, like full partners, help fund the initiatives and mission of EMI by underwriting costs and providing value to our audience and participants. Partnerships are individually constructed and are proportionally impacted by five vectors: cost, value, scope, channel area, and integration level.
Collaboration partners are a vital resource for the Evidence Management Institute. At the discretion of both parties, collaboration partners assist the mission of EMI by providing expertise as an SME, proposing best practice and standards revisions or additions, or by introducing our audience to new products or emerging trends in the evidence management industry.
Individual Event Sponsors
Individual event sponsors receive most of the Training Sponsorship Benefits offered to our Marketing Partners on an individual event basis. There is a limit of 3 Individual Event Sponsors per training event.
Partnership Tier Structure
|Full Training Partners||Associate Training Partners||Marketing Partners||Individual Event Sponsorship|
|Cost||Based on Agreement||$12,000||$6,000||$1,500|
|Training Sponsorship Benefits||Training Sponsorship Benefits
||Training Sponsorship Benefits
||Training Sponsorship Benefits
||Training Sponsorship Benefits
|Marketing Benefits||Marketing Benefits
|Media and Content Benefits||Media and Content Benefits
||Media and Content Benefits
||Media and Content Benefits
||Media and Content BenefitsN/A|
|Service Benefits||Service Benefits